11 March 2010

Back in the 303.

Just got back to Denver from a 10-day break from school. Had the chance to stay around the midwest and hit up Joe's or Hueco even possibly head west to California, but in the end decided to head back to the Southeast. It was a good trip.

Hungout with the parents in ATL for the weekend and ate some good food at SoHo in Vinings


... then bolted North on i-75 to Chattanooga. It is always nice to go back home and drive over Missionary Ridge and see Lookout Mountain. Good times. And not to mention all of the rock climbing to be done!!

I had been back to the south over Christmas and done away with quite a few of my old projects...


...and as I headed up to Little Rock City after driving into town I still did not know exactly what I wanted to put effort into. Somehow the day ended with an ascent of Biggie Shorty in the Back Nine Area. Phew!! That one was a long time coming. I figured out good beta for the match on the crimps and after a few fumbles on the first move SENT. My climbing has progressed lately and I am syked to see what happens in the next few months!

The rest of the trip was nice. Spent most of the time in Suck Creek. One of the small satellite areas around Chattanooga. Here is a small clip I put together of my efforts in the creek (I believe the first two climbs to be first ascents... tell me if I am wrong)


Chattanooga 1 from John Gass on Vimeo.



That's all for now. Poudre Canyon this weekend!!! SYKED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment