01 April 2011

Spring in Joe's Valley


Although Spring is officially here, there are no signs of the changing seasons in Joe's Valley, Utah.

cleaning up the tent (Ivo Penchev photo)
Last weekend I met up with friends Sarah and Ivo on the side of I-70, outside Evergreen. We loaded up the car and left, driving through the Rocky Mountains and the Utah desert. We arrived at Joe's at 1am, quickly set up tents and got some rest. The weather was looking a bit questionable, but we decided to go with it. It had been an entire year since I had been bouldering in the valley and I was very optimistic going into the trip.

Over the next three days the snow got the best of us. I was able to climb a few problems including the classic Resident Evil. Here is a nice quick video Ivo threw together:


Joe's Valley Bouldering - Playmate of the Year V9, Resident Evil V10 & Trent's Mom V11 from Ivo Penchev on Vimeo.


All in all I came away climbing Nerve Extension(v9), The Resurrectionist(v8), Resident Evil(v10) and Pocket Rocket(v6). Nice to clean up some classics, but most of the effort on the trip went into trying Worm Turns and Trent's Mom. Both problems are difficult, but fall within the category of what I am capable of climbing. Hopefully I can get back and finish them off soon.


Worm Turns (Ivo Penchev photo)

Jitterbug Perfume (Ivo Penchev photo)

I shot some footage, just haven't been able to get around to editing yet. Keep an eye out for a short Joe's video soon.

weather moving in

Big Joe boulder

session at Worm Turns

Ivo getting it done; cleaning up Trent's Mom

Ivo starting off on the send of Trent's Mom

T Camillieri climbing Trent's Mom
All for now.
JG

1 comment:

  1. More awesomeness, I didn't get a chance to get on Worm Turns this year like planned but nice to see someone did.

    ReplyDelete